Saltar para o conteúdo
- Traditional frame drum playing from portuguese women
- Traditional rhythm – 3 beat cycle
- How to use a traditional song to develop singing, technique and musicality
Step by step:
- learn the traditional melody singing along with the ladies, using any syllable, like “la la la”.
- Sing with a drone (like a tambura sound) to help you stay in tune.
- Play with the traditional 3beat cycle and the two variations with ornamentation
- Learn the 9 stroke roll fingering, starting in Dum and Tá (you can use it in round frame drums in standing position).
- Play the 9 stroke roll fingering over a 3 beat cycle, like in the table above. Try to beat the pulse with your foot.
- Sing the traditional song over the 3 beat cycle on the foot, the 9 stroke roll fingering on the frame drum and don´t forget to breath. 🙂
- Traditional 2 beat cycle and variations
- “Taimpum” traditional song with konnakol
- Adufe trio in 11
- 11 beat bridge subdivisions